Any items sold by Vermont Art Supply that has a warranty from the manufacturer that has a defect, the customer will need to refer to the Warranty Policy, the Return Policy does not apply to you.
Vermont Art Supply has NO RESTOCKING FEES on any products that are returned to us in brand new, sealed condition.
You can return any item purchased from Vermont Art Supply (with the exception of the UNACCEPTABLE RETURNS listed below) within 30 days of the shipping date, subject to the below Policies and Exceptions set forth herein. After 30 days from the shipping date, all sales are final.
- Request a Return Authorization: All Returns Require a Return Authorization. To request a return authorization, simply reply to your original email receipt with a request for a return authorization. You must include the reason you are requesting to return the item as well as whether or not you opened the product packaging.
- Ship the product to Vermont Art Supply: Properly package the product and ship it to the address provided to you in the Return Authorization. Insure the shipment for its full retail value, because it’s your property until we receive it back from you in brand new condition. Any products not returned in brand new condition (e.g. weathered packaging, opened packaging, or any product that is not 100% new as it was shipped originally) will have a fee of 20% of the purchase price, as we will be required to liquidate your product as “used”. In the event that your return is damaged in transit, Vermont Art Supply will inform you via email that the return was received damaged and hold the product for up to 30 days. It is your responsibility to file a claim with your shipper.
- The original shipping and handling charges that Vermont Art Supply charged to ship the item to you are not refundable and we are not responsible for the shipping cost to return an item to us. Again, shipping and handling fee for your original order is not refundable.
Vermont Art Supply has a simple Return Policy, but as with any retail store, there are certain products that cannot be returned for specific reasons. Unfortunately, the below exceptions are necessary, and the same exceptions exist at most other art supply retailers as well.
- No returns are allowed after 30 days from the original shipping date.
- No returns are allowed on clearance, sale, or discontinued products.
- No returns are allowed on used products. If you opened the item and used it, you can’t return it.
- No returns are allowed on defective products. If no warranty was provided by the manufacturer, Vermont Art Supply will help facilitate the return.
- No returns are allowed on items damaged in shipping (Damaged items are handled by a damage claim with the shipping company).
- No returns are allowed on any furniture item.
If your returned product does not match all applicable criteria listed above, it will be rejected and returned back to you at your cost. Consequently, your Return Authorization will be nullified, any credit request will be denied, replacement orders will not be made, and you will be charged for all shipping fees. By shipping a return in violation of this policy you hereby agree to accept our shipment of the return back to you and to the payment of all shipping costs to and from Vermont Art Supply.